Reading Ibn Khaldun

Today is another fading afternoon and as often my hands are cold. Putting them under my heavy warm legs does not help much...
So: 
I found this while reading:

" A drunken person experiences inexpressable joy and gladness, because the vapour of the spirit in his heart is pervaded by natural heat, which the power of the wine generates in his spirit. The spirit, as a result, expands, and there is joy. Likewise, when those who enjoy a bath inhale the air of the bath, so that the heat of the air enters their spirits and makes them hot, they are found to experience joy. It often happens that they start singing, as singing has its origin in gladness."

So: I am not planning to go to the Karaoke night to which I have been invited, but I will take a shower.

Kommentare

Beliebte Posts